The social purpose of the Digital Citizenship Association (voluntary as well as third sector association) is the educational and cultural promotion of digital citizenship, that is, the set of rights and duties that contribute to simplify the dialogue between citizens, private organisations and public administration through digital technologies.
The digitalization of the connections between citizens, enterprises as well as pubblic administrations finds its reasons in the Digital administration code established by the legislative decree 07/03/2005, n. 82 and in the consecutive laws that have integrated and modified the previous one. Alongside with the Digital administration code, law 07/08/2015, n. 124, also established the Digital citizenship charter.
Both the Digital administration code and the Digital citizenship charter promote and give effect to the new rights of citizens, among which: the use of solutions and technologies for communicating digitally with the public administrations, the introduction of digital identity, participation in the electronic administrative procedure, making public payments electronically, the online access to your personal data, information and documents, the availability of simple and integrated digital services, the informatic literacy, the informatic safety both of our own personal data and of the data regarding pubblic informative assets, the quality of the internet services, the electronic democratic participation.
Within its own social purpose, the association promotes the digital citizenship by using a specific careful approach to the organisational, communicative, technological and regulatory aspects and it can perform the following tasks:
- promote and to publicize researches, studies, articles and papers
- organize media events (seminars, conferences, debates and webinars)
- promote educational activities and paths of guidance for members, citizens, private organisations as well as public administrations
- support digital democracy as well as the direct and active participation of citizens through the promotion of projects, collaboration networks, international and national partnerships
- make legislative proposals to institutions to support, encourage and disseminate digital citizenship
- represent the protection of the interests and rights of digital citizenship
- promote projects, internet platforms and solutions to implement the digital citizenship
- manage publishing activities even in digital form